Pink Retro Ice Cream Themed Birthday Party

This absolutely darling first birthday party in honor of Sophie was designed with much love and care by her mom, Linda Ly of Grand Soirees, and beautifully photographed by Trista Lerit Photography. The design and color inspiration actually came from Sophie’s silk Neapolitan dress, which you can see reflected throughout the party, including the amazing cake and desserts by Sweet & Saucy Shop. They brought in a retro look, inspired by the old ice cream trucks of the 40s and 50s. Linda had a great team of friends and family who helped hand craft many custom items, like the adorable gift bags containing ice cream cone ribbon wands, felt cone birthday hats, and snacks branded with some personalized “Sophie” packaging. Even the adults had their own larger size felt cone birthday hats, and the men were given felt ice cream cone boutonnieres. The tables complemented the overall decor with some precious ice cream and milkshake inspired floral arrangements by Jen K Floral Design. See many more photos in the Gallery with the link at the bottom of this post!

Photography: Trista Lerit Photography
Design: Grand Soirees
Florals: Jen K Floral Design
Cake & Desserts: Sweet & Saucy Shop
Catering: Lucille’s BBQ
Invitations & Personalized Utensils & Sandwich Stickers: Whimsical Designs
Graphic Design of Milk Truck: African Grey Designs
Personalized Hanger: Lila Frances

POSTED IN: First Parties

Comments

Kellee says:

OMG this is adorable. I want this for my birthday!!! So gorgeous!! :)
    Definitely a dream team of vendors…Xo

Thanks so much for the feature! I loved doing this!

So adorable! Love this. (:

Elizabeth Montna says:

Beautiful! I love every detail. What an adorable party, I can’t wait to borrow some ideas for a twin first birthday.

Sarah says:

What an adorable party!!! So cute! Where did you get the hanger made with her name?

@Sarah I purchased it from the talented Etsy vendors @lilafrances. Her hangers are in big demand though, make sure you order with time to spare, sometimes there is a waitlist.

Trista Lerit says:

Thanks for the feature guys!!!

omg im in love!! ice cream cone floral arrangements….wow! cant wait to pitch this to a client

Meg says:

Adorbs! Where did you get Sophie’s dress?

Mary Tran says:

Linda, you are so talented! You really have a gift – the design, details, everything looks like where it should be.

[...] April 2, 2011 by Vanessa Party theme all about ice cream! Enjoy and make sure you check out the full post originally on On to Baby! [...]

Chloe says:

Love the floral arrangements! Where did you find the brown ice cream cone vases?

@Chloe the florist made them from plain plastic cones.

Stephanie says:

Love it all! where did you find the display both with the canopy?

Shawna says:

Where did you buy the frame for the sign “Sophies First Birthday”.?

Woops, sorry, stopped checking the post in April. @Stephanie and @Shawna if you’re still looking for answers. The frame was an ikea hack and we made the canopy.

shelley raham says:

Hello I love your birthday it was just stunning.
    I’m doing a food truck birthday for my little one and I love love love those utenzil’s I can not find the people who do those. Do you mind giving me there link. My son has a unique name so would love to have that as a touch. Many many thanks.
    Once again what a fabulous birthday!!!!

Hi Shelley – We were not given a link to the company, but I did a quick search on Etsy and found a company that does something similar: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SucreandSpice You could also try contacting the party designer (Grand Soirees) for help! Best of luck with your party! :)

Diane says:

My grandbaby is having a birthday July 25,2013

I like the Sophie’s cake and roses the brown, white, pink, for her birthday party how can il get you to do it for me please send me and order sheet thank you l like it…