Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party

Storybook themed parties are always so special, and we love this one based on The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Missy of blog Pink Pistachio planned and designed this adorable party for her little one’s first birthday. The theme had special significance for her. This book was a favorite she would read to her first grade students, and at the end of the school year, her class surprised her with a baby shower. One special gift from the shower was a handmade Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt, accompanied by a touching letter that advised her to cherish the moments spent with the quilt: during tummy time as a newborn, used as cape during toddler years, and as a tent during childhood. So incredibly sweet! To read more about this party, be sure to visit Pink Pistachio.

Event Design, Food Labels, and Cake Banner: Pink Pistachio
Cutlery & Water Jug: Walmart
Table Linens: Garden Ridge
Whirly Lollipops: Dylan’s Candy Bar (NYC)
Apothecary Jars: Thrifted
Beverage Tub: Target

POSTED IN: First Parties

Comments

Valerie TIllia says:

aaahhh what an adorable child!!

The party is adorable, but Gage’s sweet little face at the end is the best part. Great idea!

[...] Originally posted here: Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party | On to Baby [...]

Kylie Sauer says:

He is Adorable! And this party is as well – so original i love it!

Heather Prouty says:

I absolutely love this entire birthday party and cannot wait to throw it for my little man who is turning ONE soon! Where can I find/order those adorable party invitations? I have been looking everywhere. I also will need to order the food labels too.

Shawndra Westrick says:

Very cute! I am doing this theme for my sons first birthday in May. I am wondering where did you find the foods labels? They are adorable and go so well with the theme.

Genesis Reifsnyder says:

ADORABLE IDEAS! I am doing The Very Hungry Caterpillar theme for my son’s first birthday in March. I have had trouble finding the labels. Where did you find them?

I’m not sure where the invitations were sourced, but Missy (birthday boy’s mom) designed the labels herself as noted in the credits. The link to her blog, Pink Pistachio, is up above if you’d like to get in touch with her! :)

[...] Photo Sources: Fruit Tray, Caterpillar Lantern, Caterpillar Sandwich, Green drinks, Lollipop Party favors [...]

Ana says:

OMG….Griffy’s Birthday bash….I think yes!

[...] Party Favors and “Thanks for Inching Along With Us” sign [...]

Peggy Grady says:

Where did you find the red and white polka dot souffle cups for the pies and cupcakes? So cute.