Harper’s Nursery & Newborn Session

This ten-day-old baby, Harper, was named after Harper Lee, author of To Kill a Mockingbird, which served as the inspiration for this lovely shoot by Jesse Leos Photography. Her nursery was designed by her parents, Katy and Grey, who aimed for a vintage flair in the space. The furniture was custom designed and created by Harper’s dad and grandpa. By bringing in vintage and handmade items, the nursery really feels warm and cozy. In addition to a fabulous nursery, Harper also has an incredibly sweet and loving family. Jesse Leos Photography has captured the tremendous love and soft moments of this new family so beautifully. You can see more of this session in the full gallery.

Photography: Jesse Leos Photography
Yellow Headband and Baby Shoes: Sak Saum
Headband with Twine: Rachel Leos of twenty9freckles
Yellow Headbands: Fab Flower Headbands
Furniture: Paul Davis, Harper’s grandfather

Comments

Becca says:

Such a beautiful space – and an even more beautiful family. Little Harper is simply lovely!

Oh wow – these pictures are so sweet. As an expectant Mum myself, this post just makes my heart melt! I particularly like the picture of little Harper with the book!

Sara says:

I’m DYING over that crib!!

LOVE THIS! Harper Kate is even sweeter in person!

Rachel L says:

Great feature. The family is super precious and Harper’s nursery is beautiful!

Judy says:

Amazing work by photographer! Pictures capture the very essence of this beautiful family and nursery. Unique and sentimental! Great feature….

Carol says:

Beautiful photos of such a precious child. Love the creativity.

LOVE the story behind these photos and I absolutely love the vintage room. Job well done in the design and might I add that Harper’s mom looks amazing!!!

Cheryl Luke says:

WOWZA!! Great work by photographer, Jesse Leos. Lovely couple, beautiful baby and great nursery.

Ron says:

Great eye for photography! Fantastic work!

[...] aka Jesse Leos Photography was featured Thursday at On to Baby. It is the uber cute baby blog from Wedding Chicks, a super popular baby [...]

sabrina houck says:

SO CUTE!! i wish i had seen this a yr ago, but still gave me a GREAT idea. my son’s middle name is attycus (after atticus finch) when he was a newborn I would read to kill a mockingbird outloud while nursing him :) When i got pregnant this last time we wanted to name the baby(if it was a boy) harpor after harper lee…maybe next time, because this one’s a girl :) LOVE the cover on your book :)

[...] fun way to hang the name of a loved one (or your [...]

I remember when I was the only one! Harper’s Nursery & Newborn Session http://t.co/vR2nTrUv via @ontobaby

Bethanie says:

I love the name hanging from the branch! Did you use fabric or scrapbook paper to cover the letters? It’s so adorable! I’m doing a nature-inspired nursery for my daughter and would love to do something similar for her name.

Jamieleigh says:

How did they make the hanging twig with the letters of Harper on it? I would love to do something similar in my nursery. Can you tell me how they made it and what materials were used? Or if there’s a place I can order one, that’s even better ;)

Thanks!