Scarlett’s Gray and Pink Nursery

Scarlett’s mom, Kristin, wanted her baby’s nursery to feel soft, relaxing, and feminine. She steered clear from your typical “baby themes” and instead decorated it with items she loved. Many of the items she actually already had around the home, like the rocking chair and night stand that she simply spray painted white to match. She also made sure there were plenty of books on hand for Scarlett. Kristin also contributed to this beautiful pink and gray nursery with some lovely DIY projects, including the Keep Calm and Dream On print, alphabet print, and bunting print. She also made the lovely butterfly mobile, and shared with us how she did it (instructions at the end of the post below!). Kristin Rogers Photography captured these gorgeous images of the space, along with some super sweet newborn and family shots. You can see more from this session in the full gallery.

DIY Mobile Instructions
“For the mobile, I purchased 3 wooden embroidery hoops, a small, medium, and large size. Using just the inner hoops, I drilled holes on each side of them and inserted a wooden dowel through each of them, holding them all together. I then glued the dowel In place with wood glue and spray painted it white. Using 2 different size butterfly paper punches, I punched a bunch of butterflies out on white cardstock paper. I poked a hole through the middle of each butterfly using a pin and strung them on clear jewelry string tying a knot after each butterfly to hold in place. Then I added strings of butterflies until it looked full. I tied another piece of clear jewelry string on each side of the embroidery hoop and then hung it from the ceiling.”

Photography: Kristin Rogers Photography
Dresser, Bookshelf, Mirror (originally black, was spray painted pink): Ikea
Knobs on Dresser: Anthropologie
Crib: Graco – Victoria
Crib Bumper Pads and Skirt: Made by baby’s grandmother
Crib sheet: Dwell Studio for Target
Quilt on Rocking Chair: Made by a relative
You and Me print: Lilla Rogers Studio
Cowgirl Print: Trafalgar’s Square on Etsy
Pink Light: Pier 1 imports
Butterfly Mobile, Keep Calm and Dream On print, Alphabet Print, Bunting print: DIY by mom Kristin
Butterfly Onesie: DIY by mom Kristin
Lamb Hat: Etsy
Flower Headband: Ladybug Bowtique on Etsy

Comments

[...] I love this blog, its so darling with all its baby goodness. I was stoked when they featured on of my recent baby shoot! See feature HERE! [...]

esenam says:

lovely images, what a beautiful baby. congratulations to the new parents!

Kristin says:

Thank you Kristin for capturing our sweet baby girl and her nursery! We’ll cherish these photos forever ;)

Chevonda Williams says:

I love this room. You have the eye for taking pics and talent.

[...] https://ontobaby.com/2011/11/scarletts-gray-and-pink-nursery/ Você vai gostar de ver esses… Quarto de bebê rosa com toque de alegria Quarto rosa e bege listrado no estilo campestre Quarto de bebê feminino rosa estilo floral Quarto de bebê rosa e laranja Quarto de bebê rosa com papel de parede Quarto de bebê provençal rosa estilo realeza Quarto de bebê rosa e branco com flores Quarto de bebê amarelo clássico com enxoval rosa Quarto de bebê rosa e bege listrado Quarto de bebê rosa feito com baixo custo [...]

Autumn says:

Hi! LOVE this NURSERY! I love the Rocking chair! DO you mind sharing where you got it? =}

Jeffrey says:

@Autumn the rocking chair was handed down to me from my step-father’s mother. My wife’s grandfather painted it white for us to match our nursery.

Cayla says:

What color and brand of spray paint did you use for the mirror?? This nursery is adorable!

Kristin says:

Hi Cayla! I believe the brand was Painters Touch – by Rust Oleum. I picked it up at Home Depot. I’m thinking the color was Berry Pink. Thanks so much :)

Allie says:

Hi! Beautiful room! I was wondering what the wall color was?

Kristin says:

Hi Allie—The wall color is Gentle Rain by Behr from Home Depot.

Char Blewett says:

for the mobile: where did u get the butterfly punches? I went to Michaels and they didnt have any there. Thanks! I love your room

Kristin says:

Hi Char,
    The smaller butterfly punch is a Martha Stewart punch. The larger one is actually cut out from my Cricut machine…I think it was with the standard cartridge it comes with. You could easily make it with just the Martha Stewart punch though!

Char Blewett says:

thank u!

Char Blewett says:

i would like to get something close to your bedding; but cant seem to find anything!

Julianne Rockwood says:

Beautiful nursery and such a beautiful family. I love the alphabet print, would it be possible to purchase the file?

Kristin says:

Hi Julianne!
    Sure, I have an etsy shop. I can set you up a listing if you’d like :) can you contact me on etsy so we can talk details?
    Here’s my shop: