Swayze’s Gray and Fuchsia Nursery

Baby Swayze’s gray and fuchsia nursery was the anticipated project of the year in her household. Her mom and grandparents all had a part in making this space extra special. Her mom designed the custom art piece, while her grandfather then hand painted it onto a piece of Masonite board. Her grandmother created the lovely bedding. Underneath the chalkboard is their most cherished detail of the nursery: Swayze’s 8 Pearls of Wisdom. The 8 pearls are Love, Kindness, Obedience, Thankfulness, Humility, Wisdom, Purity and Truth, representing the values they will teach her throughout her life. To see all the photos from this space, stop by the full gallery.

Photography: Kacey Luvi Photography
Dresser, Changing Table and Cubbies (with added chalkboard elements): IKEA
Lanterns and Frames: Home Goods
Large Chalkboard: Hobby Lobby
White Circle Mobile: Lil Sprout Creations
Glider: Target, custom re-covered by Sheri Rasmussen
Art above the crib: Handpainted by baby’s grandfather
Bedding: Created by baby’s grandmother
Bathroom Towels: Target
Florals, Diamond Rings: Z Gallerie
Swayze Onesie: Evy Love Creations

Comments

Nicole says:

I’m in LOVE with that changing table/cubbie combo! Can you tell us the name of it, so I can check it out next time I’m in IKEA? Well done!!!

Amy says:

This is so beautiful. I love seeing my mobiles displayed so beautifully!!

Linnea says:

Ditto on loving the Changing Table! Would love the name of the piece, I just searched all over Ikea’s website and couldn’t find it anywhere:)

The Changing Table is IKEA’s Expedit bookcase turned on it’s side. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50103086/#/70103085 :) We actually have the same set up in my little gal’s nursery and love it, but we used the Capita legs (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00054564/) to raise it up six inches to save my back a bit! We also added these drawers in the middle. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80166567/ and changed out the knobs. As for the cubbies used inside the shelves, I am not sure where those were sourced.

Chelsea says:

LOVE it all. Question…what does the print above the toilet say?

Hi!! Thanks for all the sweet comments!

The print above the toilet reads “I love you more today..”

Which is what I had engraved inside my husbands wedding band!

Amy Hu says:

Where did you find the super cute little stacking tin holder on the changing table that you have with the chalk signs on it for the cottons, catchers, and plugs? I love it!!! So So creative!!!! Please do tell!!! xoxo

Michelle says:

I absolutely love the art work above the crib… Does he sell them? I would gladly buy one from him.

The tin ladder thing is from Hobby Lobby!! Funny enough, this was the piece I centered a lot of the design of the room around!

My dad custom made this piece above her crib. I’m sure we could come up with a way to get one designed and made to sell! Email me at if you’re interested!

Melissa says:

Where is the crib from? Thanks!

Chelsea Bruch says:

The bedding is so beautiful!!! Is there a pattern for it or did she make it herself?

Dallas Wayment says:

Size it up! Most bath towel collections offer a variety of sizes to fit your space, budget and personal preference. Check out the chart below to see how each towel stacks up.`

My favorite blog