Construction Theme Birthday Party

What do you do when it’s time for your little one’s 2nd birthday party, but your party space has a big dirt pit right in the middle of it? The grandparents of birthday boy Aidan were building an addition to their house and were about to lay the foundation, so Aidan’s mom, photographer Stephanie Tait, turned it into a positive. Knowing Aidan loved taking his dump truck toys into the dirt, she created a fun construction theme birthday party.

The party guests became construction site employees for the day, with invitations announcing they had been hired for a day of work with the Tait Construction Company. Guests received personalized hard hats and tool belts with tools that they got to take home. The pit was converted into an imaginary construction site, complete with a dump truck area with shovels, trucks, and a big pile of dirt and a construction area with large boxes and various art supplies. Aidan’s grandfather owns a landscaping and construction company, so he brought a tractor to the party for tractor rides. The construction theme was carried through the rest of the decor, such as blueprints in lieu of a tablecloth. At the end of the day, the guests were all “paid” for their work for Tait Construction with a white company envelope full of Melissa & Doug play money. So creative and fun!

Event Design and Photography: Captured by S. Tait

POSTED IN: First Parties

Comments

love these photos and the whole party theme! how incredibly cute and creative!

Laura says:

I LOVE this! Wow, what a great party!

Kristin says:

What an awesome birthday party idea! Giant sand box? Yes, please! Someone’s a super mama! :)

Audrey Tait says:

You are tremendous at planning events and so creative – keep up the wonderful work. Maybe you could start a organization like the wedding planner and become a kids birthday planner.

Tracy says:

Who did the banner??? I am doing a construction party for my son & the a BEEday for my daughter 2 weeks after. I’d love to double up on as many things I can.
    thanks!!!!!

Crystal says:

I am doing a construction party Saturday and have tries three different dirt cake recipes what did u use? Please help lol

Angelina Little says:

I love Aiden’s t- shirt where can i order one?

Lacy says:

Details please! I am throwing my son a construction party and love some of your ideas. I would love to know the recipe for the dirt cups that you made. Also where did you get the Birthday Zone caution tape? And how did you make the water bottle covers? Such cute ideas! I hope I can pull this off as well as you did. I am on kind of a tight budget ….
    Thanks!
    Lacy

vickie says:

Hello I am thinking of having a construction party for my 4 year old . I noticed the water bottle wrappers in blk/wht where did you purchase them I cannot find them anywhere.

Thanks!

LIndsay says:

I am loving this theme and will be doing it for my son’s birthday. CAn you tell me what you did to make those “mud cake cups” Also, where can I get those construction signs? Also, where can i buy those Home depot took belts? LOVE it!! Thanks!

Roman says: